I WENT TO CHURCH TODAY!
by Lewis E. Thomas

I WENT TO CHURCH TODAY!

I lived my life by my "OWN CODE" and I let my heart be my "GUIDE"!
I made position, wealth, and fame my goal, and the god I served was "PRIDE"!
 
I was warned over the years by Christians that "PRIDE" was a "DEADLY SIN"!
I was warned that a haughty spirit went before a fall and that pride would one day do me in!
 
I was invited "MANY TIMES" to go to Church to worship God and to become "BORN AGAIN"!
But, ole Satan had his "HOOK IN MY JAW" and I continued living a "LIFE OF SIN"!
 
I drove by many Churches during my life but I never once stopped at one to go in!
I just didn't have time to worship Jesus Christ, the one who could save my soul from sin!
 
I didn't see the need to be saved because by my "OWN CODE" I wasn't so bad!
I considered my position in life to rank up there with the rich and powerful and that made me glad!
 
I continued on down the unholy path of all those that love the ways of the "WORLD"!
I had the "WIND BY THE TAIL" and I was enjoying my love affair with the "WORLD"!
 
I went to Church today for the very first time!
I went through the doors in casket made of gold that all said was so "DIVINE"!
 
Yes, I went to Church today as many will when their life comes to it's "END"!
 
Run to Jesus and the Cross today my friend!
 
I died "LOST and UNSAVED" and I'm going to "HELL" because I was never "BORN AGAIN"!
 
 
 
I went to church today...
 
 
Lewis E. Thomas 
2/18/2023
 
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18
 
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3
 
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 John 2:15


...

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print