His Treasured Possessions
by PamFord Davis

I feel undressed until I put on eye glasses and my wrist watch.

I wear a dependable Timex that I bought from a Vicksburg thrift store; it was a bargain at $5.00. The watch was well worth the cost of a new battery and removal of a few links in the wrist band by a jeweler. Recently, I thought of my Mom when I glanced down at my watch.

Mom wore her watch only on special occasions. I’d guess she had owned it for a long time. She may have received it as a gift or bought it with her own hard earned money. She worked in a photography shop before marrying my father. Looking at my watch, I remembered a time when Mom put her watch in a jewelry shop for cleaning and minor repairs.

The watch was among her most treasured possessions; it meant that much to her.

We belong to God.

“For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s (1 Corinthians 6:20 NKJV).”

As God’s children, we are His treasured possessions.

“They shall be Mine,’ says the Lord of hosts,
‘On the day that I make them My jewels (Malachi 3:17 NKJV).”

My wrist watch came at a bargain price.

Our salvation cost God the life of His Son.

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print