Tools of the Trade
by PamFord Davis


Do you ever find yourself without the right tools?

Our son is organized; I mean very organized. He has a large assortment of tools and knows precisely where each tool can be found. I think Home Improvement writers could have used him for Tim Allen’s stand-in. On the other hand, my husband can rarely find his needed tools.

Consider a person’s tools of the trade.

A plumber has a plunger and wrench.

Gardeners use hoes and farmers by trade have tractors, plows and combines.

Here comes the judge; there’s a gavel.

Maybe you make your living on the computer. What would you do without keyboard and handy toolbar?

The Bible gives us a story about Prophet Elisha and an axe.

“So he went with them; and when they came to the Jordan, they cut down trees. But it happened that as one of them was cutting down a beam, the axe head fell into the water; and he cried out and said, ‘Oh, my master! It was borrowed!’  Then the man of God said, Where did it fall?’ And when he showed him the place, he cut off a stick and threw it in there, and made the iron float. Then he said, ‘Pick it up for yourself.’ So he reached out his hand and took it (2 Kings 6:4-7 NASB).”

Reach out your hand; take your tool.

God has work for you in His kingdom; scripture is your greatest tool.

“For the word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, even penetrating as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart (Hebrews 4:12 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print