Let it Pour!
by PamFord Davis


Singing and walking in the rain…

My husband Norm is not a big fan of musicals; yet, he does know a classic when he sees one. We recently watched Singing in the Rain; that is definitely a classic. Gene Kelly sang, danced and splashed in the rain.

Kelly’s umbrella was a perfect prop and the scene was a choreographed masterpiece. Another umbrella has become part of a commercialized icon.

The Morton Salt girl was added to packaging in 1911 and the rest is history. She has changed over time to keep up with fashion trends. The logo still pictures her in the rain; pouring salt and using an umbrella. Like Gene Kelly, she walks in the rain.

We can walk in God’s righteousness.

“Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it (Isaiah 45:8 KJV).”

Righteousness is raining; let it pour!

“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him (2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print