A Giant Among Men
by PamFord Davis

Goliath was a giant among men.

“Then a champion named Goliath, from Gath, came out from the Philistine camp. He was nine feet, nine inches tall and wore a bronze helmet and bronze scale armor that weighed 125 pounds.There was bronze armor on his shins, and a bronze sword was slung between his shoulders. His spear shaft was like a weaver’s beam, and the iron point of his spear weighed 15 pounds.In addition, a shield-bearer was walking in front of him.

He stood and shouted to the Israelite battle formations: ‘Why do you come out to line up in battle formation?’ He asked them, ‘Am I not a Philistine and are you not servants of Saul? Choose one of your men and have him come down against me (1 Samuel 17:4-8 HCSB).”

David was a mere lad; yet, undaunted he was bold among men.

Fearless, he challenged a giant!

“David said to the Philistine: ‘You come against me with a dagger, spear, and sword, but I come against you in the name of Yahweh of Hosts, the God of Israel’s armies—you have defied Him. Today, the Lord will hand you over to me (1 Samuel 17:45-46 a HCSB).”

As Psalmist, David continued to banish fear.

“The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom should I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom should I be afraid (Psalm 27:1 HCSB)?”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print