One Way to Get the Words Flowing
by Tonja Taylor

32 “And so, my children, listen to me, for all who follow my ways are joyful.  33 Listen to my instruction and be wise. Don’t ignore it.--Proverbs 8:32-33, NLT

There have been a few times when I've sat down to write, and just couldn't get going. So the Holy Spiriit reminded me to ask the LORD for wisdom.

The wisdom of the LORD was to just start describing scenes in detail, and then later transform them into dialogue and more. This brought me ease and joy--and has been very productive! God is good!

For instance, last night, I sat down to work on Book IV of The Adventures of Princess Pearl, P.O.W.E.R.* Girl!, but I the scenes for chapter 8 just wouldn't come forth. When I asked the LORD for wisdom, He reminded me to do what I've done in the past when there was a "block"--to just start writing as if I was directing a play; to write what was going to happen, and how the characters were thinking.

As I did that, dialogue and specific scenes started flowing out of me, bless the LORD! 

It has also helped me to review what I call "plot lines"; a short paragraph summarizing every chapter, which, especially since I'm writing a series, helps me ensure I don't drop any plot threads.  (There will be at least eight books in The P.O.W.E.R.* (Purposeful Operations With Eternal Rewards) Girl! series, and the more I write them, the more books it seems there will be!)

In addition, reviewing the plot lines is a more efficient way of helping me to enter in to the fullness of the characters' lives, instead of re-reading the first several books! Sometimes, reviewing the plot lines also inspires me to enhance the current book, which is more interesting than I'd planned.

We do our part, and the Holy Spirit puts His "super" on our "natural"!

So when we ask the LORD for help, for His wisdom, He is very gracious to quickly give it to us.

(We must train ourselves to choose to trust in Him and rest, and focus on Him and His faithful goodness, instead of staying in fear and frustration. Ask me how I know! Then we can much better understand the wisdom He is giving us, for the carnal/worldly mind (and the enemy) tries to tell us that God's wisdom "can't be that easy/simple!" But our loving Father doesn't make things hard for us! He is so good!)

So, when we ask the LORD for wisdom, we trust that He gives it to us, and when we have an idea that brings peace, then with His help, we do it, and get a good result!

But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere.---James 3:17, NLT



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print