Haven't You Heard?
by PamFord Davis

Wondering what your future holds?

Steer clear of fortune tellers.

“Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling. This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, ‘These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation.’ And this she did for many days.

But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, ‘I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.’ And he came out that very hour (Acts 16:16-18 NKJV).”

The fortune teller’s words were true. Paul and Silas were faithful servants of the Most High God. They were sharing the gospel; proclaiming Jesus as the way of salvation. Yet, demons were the source of her knowledge.

Haven’t you heard? The demons believe in the LORD God.

“You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble (James 2:19 NKJV)!”

Don’t be duped; don’t be misled.

Test the spirits.

“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world (1 John 4:1 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print