Echoed by Me
by PamFord Davis

‘Not on my watch!’

I like the sound of commitment and conviction in that statement. Can I promise the same? God expects me to be faithful; to watch and pray. I can learn a lot about prayer (and about myself) from the following scripture passage.

“Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints (Ephesians 6:18 KJV).”

Prayer should be as natural as breathing; it’s not S.O.S. I should always be in an attitude of prayer; submissive to God and relying on His Spirit. Admittedly, I fail. I should be watching and waiting for God’s intervention and answers. I should persevere.

I think of perseverance as persistence. The LORD will empower, equip and enable me to intercede. My part is surrendering to God and trusting Him to supply all the needs of the saints (Christ followers).

“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19 KJV).”

There are so many in need of God’s provision. Intercessors feel the tug of the Holy Spirit. It’s time to pray. Personally, I keep a prayer list. It helps to keep me focused. Samuel’s words should be echoed by me…

“Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you (1 Samuel 12:23a KJV)."



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print