Some Thoughts on True Worship
by Tonja Taylor

…23 But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.” --John 4:23-24, Berean Study Bible (BSB)

True worship must come from the heart, not just be a song played or sung.  Thus, true worship can include many parts of life!

I didn't know this for decades, but I'm so glad I know it now!

True worship--where we really seek to honor God the Father and the LORD Jesus Christ, and bring Him glory, and just bless His heart, because He's been so merciful, faithful, gracious, generous, and patient with us all!--is many things.

True worship is singing and/or playing music that honors Him, that focuses on His goodness, with all our hearts; not just "lip service". 

True worship is serving in any capacity to help others to know Jesus Christ; to expand His Kingdom.

True worship is giving financially as the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth Who knows all things, directs.

True worship is sowing materially as the LORD leads, especially to those in need. 

True worship is loving and forgiving others--anyway.

True worship is being kind and patient, especially when it's hard.

True worship is listening and otherwise giving others attention when we should, even when we'd rather do something else.

True worship is praying for others--especially those who have really hurt us.

True worship is complimenting others sincerely, especially if you've felt competitive with them. 

True worship is being real with your spouse, in a loving and tactful way, and overlooking the idiosyncrasies and minor faults. 

True worship is being real with God about where your faith is, and asking and trusting Him to help it grow, while you do your part to read and memorize and live the Word; pray; worship; attend a Bible-believing church and serve; and otherwise live according to the Bible.

Others share many of these thoughts. but the LORD may show you a new way to worship Him, and I bet you're doing some of these already.

May this writing expand your thinking to what "true worship" really means!



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (300 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print