There For
by PamFord Davis

I leave one room and walk to another room. There’s a problem; I can’t remember what I’m there for.

Stopping in my tracks, I look like a deer in the headlights. Fortunately, the blank expression and mental blank doesn’t last long. I remember what I’m there for.

Therefore is a very important word; like a red flag, it frequently appears in the Bible. The writer is about to make a powerful point. Therefore gets my attention when reading; it’s time to pause and consider what precedes it.

Open your Bible and let your fingers do the walking. Like me, you might be surprised how often and why our key word appears. I’ll feature several verses; use a concordance to look up the rest. It will be worth the time and effort.

“Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations (Deuteronomy 7:9 KJV).”

“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel (Isaiah 7:14 KJV).”

“Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them (Mark 11:24 KJV).”

“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1 KJV).”

Do you read your Bible every day? It pleases God; that’s what you’re there for!

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print