So-So
by PamFord Davis

I’m a Yankee; my husband Norm is a rebel. Our accents and slang have often revealed the difference; at times I’ve been clueless. If asked how he was doing, he’d said fair to middling. I had no idea what he meant. What in the world?

World travelers might have heard the expression but I had not. Learning that a good definition is so-so, I understand. He wasn’t feeling really bad; yet, he wasn’t 100% either. My answer to the same question often requires no verbal response; I simply hold up my right hand and rock it side to side. That’s how I say so-so!

How’re you doin’ today?

God’s grace is sufficient. The Lord is with us on our fair to middling days; He'll strengthen us when we’re weary and weak.

“And He has said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.’ Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in distresses, in persecutions, in difficulties, in behalf of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NASB).”

Accept His grace today.

I sincerely hope you’re having much better than a fair to middling day. I’m in agreement with Apostle John.

“Dear friend, I pray that you may prosper in every way and be in good health physically just as you are spiritually (3 John 1:2 HCSB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print