What is Taking So Long?
by PamFord Davis

Okay; I admit it. I quickly grow impatient when waiting. How about you?

Some people tap their fingers on a table top.

Others repeatedly look at a clock or wrist watch.

Me, I sigh; in extreme cases I complain. I even talk to myself if f no one is around saying, ‘What is taking so long?’

You know the adage; I want patience and I want it now.

Patience is listed as one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit. Yes, I do want it and I want it now.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23 HCSB).”

I definitely need more patience.

Christians are eager for JESUS’ return. ‘What is taking so long?’

“Therefore, brothers, be patient until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth and is patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains. You also must be patient. Strengthen your hearts, because the Lord’s coming is near (James 5:7-8 HCSB).”

We can be encouraged; His coming is near!

“Then there will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars; and there will be anguish on the earth among nations bewildered by the roaring sea and waves. People will faint from fear and expectation of the things that are coming on the world, because the celestial powers will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is near (Luke 21:25-28 HCSB)!”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print