Our Sins, Gone and Forgotten
by Ken Barnes

Then God made you alive with Christ. He forgave all our sins. He canceled the record that contained the charges against us. He took it and destroyed it by nailing it to Christ's Cross. In this way, God disarmed the evil rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the Cross of ChristColossians 2:13-15 (NLT)

People say, gone but not forgotten when loved ones pass away. Our sins are not only gone but forgotten.

There is no record of your sins anymore. Where are they? They are nailed to the Cross and covered by His blood. Not only has He forgiven our sins but forgotten them. And I will forgive their wickedness, I will never again remember their sins (Hebrews 8:12 NLT). Search the archives in heaven, and you won't find them.

Christ disarmed the powers of darkness. The Devil's ammunition for his weapons of warfare are lies and false accusations. Satan and his demons are adept at bringing up our past. The defense against falsehood is the truth. He has removed our sins as far from us as the East is from the West (Psalms 103:12 NLT). The charges the evil one brings against us have been declared null and void by the great judge of the universe. Our transgressions were placed under his precious blood, obliterated, and placed in God's divine forgetfulness. After, by faith, you have come to Mt. Calvary, when you bring up your sins, God might ask you, what sins are those? What God has forgotten; should we let any voice under heaven remind us again?

Two thousand years ago, this Galilean carpenter won the greatest victory the world will ever see, and He did it all for you and me.

 



I worked for seventeen years as a missionary with Youth With A Mission.  My missionary work has taken me to Mexico, Canada, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Spain, and Ukraine.  I hold a Masters of Education in curriculum and instruction from Virginia Commonwealth University.  [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print