Community Garden
by PamFord Davis

My gourd farming husband has planted many vegetable gardens at places where we’ve lived (and there have been lots of places). Thinking back, his gardens in California and Alabama were the best. Bless his pea-pickin heart. I have special memories of the one in San Bernardino, CA. We had a plot in a community garden.

My retired father had recently rented an apartment near us. He lived there briefly following retirement from his security guard job at General Electric in Syracuse, New York. Dad usually went with us to the garden when we needed to gather vegetables. He enjoyed those times but liked eating the fresh sweet corn we picked even more. He talked about that corn for years. It was a bumper crop from a well cultivated community garden.

“And the residue in length over against the oblation of the holy portion shall be ten thousand eastward, and ten thousand westward: and it shall be over against the oblation of the holy portion; and the increase thereof shall be for food unto them that serve the city.

And they that serve the city shall serve it out of all the tribes of Israel (Ezekiel 48:18-19 KJV).”

Workers cultivated a city garden.

Am I cultivating friendships; are you?

“A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24 KJV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print