Love Hurts
by PamFord Davis

It’s part of growing up; children hurt themselves playing outside. Injuries may be as minor as scraped knees and elbows or broken bones. In pain, they run to mommy or daddy for comfort.

Love hurts.

That sounds cynical; we prefer to think of love as hugs and kisses. People thrive where it abounds. Yet, there is a darker side; it hurts when love isn't reciprocal. Rejection is painful. In other instances, we experience sadness when a loved one is ill or dies. Death parts us from the objects of our love.

It hurts to be in love.

The Father’s love for us came at a high price. The Son’s heart was breaking.

“And he taketh with him Peter and James and John, and began to be sore amazed, and to be very heavy;

And saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch.

And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him.

And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt (Mark 14:33-36 KJV).”

Jesus' love for his Father mingled with sacrificial love for us. He went to Calvary’s cross.

“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends (John 15:13 KJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print