Dirt and Grime
by PamFord Davis

The Lord Jesus is sinless; holy and pure.

“You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin (1 John 3:5 NASB).”

I haven’t seen any recent ‘Ivory Soap’ television commercials or magazine advertisements. As a Baby-boomer, I clearly remember their claims of nearly 100% purity. Their bold message made Procter & Gamble successful. Customers placed their trust in the purity of the product. Ivory soap was used for hand washing and bathing; as a bonus children played with floating bars of the soap during bath time.

Can lives stained by sin claim purity?

Christ cleanses us of all the dirt and grime of sin.

“If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous, so that He will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:8-9 NASB).”

We don’t voice empty claims; we brag on Jesus purity!

“Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. He made Him who knew no sin to be sin in our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:20-21 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print