Excess Weight
by PamFord Davis

Where does that extra weight go when you lose it?

Who cares? You lose it!

We don’t need to carry excess weight.

“Therefore, since we also have such a large cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares us. Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endured a cross and despised the shame and has sat down at the right hand of God’s throne (Hebrews 12:1-2 HCSB).”

The weights of sin, guilt and shame were lifted at Calvary.

“For no one will be justified in His sight by the works of the law, because the knowledge of sin comes through the law.

But now, apart from the law, God’s righteousness has been revealed—attested by the Law and the Prophets —that is, God’s righteousness through faith in Jesus Christ, to all who believe, since there is no distinction.  For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. They are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus (Romans 3:20-24 HCSB).”

Trust Him; by faith we receive God’s grace and salvation.

“For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift— not from works, so that no one can boast (Ephesians 2:8-9 HCSB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print