The Secret Power of Ron Paul's Campaign
by

Jesus likened God's kingdom to a farmer who plants seed in the ground and trusts that the seed will grow even though he doesn't understand why or how the seed grows. Christ also likens God's kingdom to a mustard seed, which is small, yet it grows into a large plant, big enough for birds to perch in.

So also, although Ron Paul is unimpressive by measurable standards, he represents ideas and philosophies that are greater than himself or any other man. By his concern for the greater good he is tapping into an unexpected power similar to that which Christ tried to illustrate on several occasions. The strength of God's kingdom as well as that of Ron Paul's presidential campaign must exist outside of any single man or mustard seed because it is greater than any single man or mustard seed.

Congressman Paul does not fall back on his personal knowledge or charisma, because he believes in the inherent value of liberty. Most politicians win elections by lifting themselves higher than the rest, while Ron Paul is trying to win by lifting liberty higher than the rest.

Ron Paul's campaign, like God's kingdom, is built on servant-leadership. He is tapping into the unexpected power of lifting others above himself. Typical leaders say, "Stay under me so you can lift me up." Servant leadership says, "I will lift you up, so you can lift others up (and on and on, multiplying exponentially)." In this way, Congressman Paul's success depends on other people being successful. This is related to his general policy for government which is "Let the government decrease so the people can increase," which will have the effect of strengthening the government and the people simultaneously. A victory by Ron Paul will be the most genuine kind of victory, because he depends on common people to win the victory for him.

Such is the insecurity of worldly men that they muscle and connive their way into places of authority. Most presidential candidates, for example, don't win the people over so much as they buy the people over. However, the best kind of leader will fill a leadership role because there is a need for someone to fill that role. David stepped out to face Goliath not because he was the most qualified but because there was a need for someone to step out. There was no guarantee that David would live through that confrontation, but that is exactly what proved his worthiness as a leader of the people. He cared more about sticking his neck out for the greater good than he cared about living. So also there is no guarantee that Ron Paul will win the presidency, but he has already proven his worthiness as a leader by sticking his neck out for the people.

If Ron Paul is David, then Goliath is decades of selfish agendas and dirty schemes, rolled up into the mechanical behemoth which is our present political system. Like the conflict between David and Goliath, Ron Paul's battle is not against flesh and bone: he is battling to remember and restore a government for the people, by the people despite all the efforts of zealously crooked politicians to the contrary.

An average politician obtains his position as if this were an end in itself. For this reason average politicians cannot think clearly. Their minds are clouded by conflicting interests: Special interests (the rich minority who financed their extravagant campaign), their own selfish interest, and the people's interests. The ideal leader would be single-minded, thinking only of the people's best interests. This is not complicated but it is morally and psychologically difficult.

Why are men allowed to fill positions of authority in this democratic society of ours? To serve the people. Therefore, as soon as a politician's motives become selfish, he has ceased to function in the most fundamental capacity for which he was elected.

So what kind of leader do you want? Do you want someone who is worthy of following, or do you want someone who demands to be followed?

Christ said, "you will know them by their fruits," a principle which Ron Paul dares to apply to a variety of our government's policies. The governing powers that be would like to convince people that they can do no wrong, but Congressman Paul challenges this. He points out that what we do and have done is bringing about all the repercussions we are trying to avoid. This is simple truth. There is no need to hide any longer. Reconciliation is better than denial. Policy-makers cringe at this but, again, Ron Paul is more concerned with the greater good than saving face or looking the part. This is the unexpected, freeing power of acknowledging and dealing with the truth.

by Patrick Roberts. Find his book and additional resources at www.BooksByPatrick.com

Patrick is an average Christ-seeker.  His goal is to turn people to Jesus Christ.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print