Lights of Welcome Into Dark Spaces
by Rik Charbonneaux

As Christians, we are to be beacons of light into a darkening world, into those spaces needing hope. Are we meeting the need?*

As I used to travel at night along the seemingly endless wheat fields of Kansas, I would occasionally see a distant farm light penetrating the darkness. These agricultural beacons of the American Great Plains always seemed to let you know that you were not alone.

Much like these points of light penetrating the darkness, a welcoming smile or gesture of recognition by a Christian to a non-Christian can penetrate any distance between them if the heart is right. And that is a good start.

One-half of all people asked why they have not turned to hear the Gospel have answered: "Because no one asked me". The world needs your spiritual light.

* Less than 5% of America's Christians have ever shared the Gospel, as indicated by several PEW studies. Less than 2% of them give to missionary efforts.



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print