Continuous Prayer
by PamFord Davis

He mastered multitasking.

Jesus worshiped in the synagogue, preached the gospel, taught His disciples, healed the sick, cast out demons and raised the dead. No time was wasted. He was pressured by religious leaders; yet, He set aside time for prayer. Christ made communion with His Father a priority.

Why is it so difficult for His followers?

Jesus set the example; His prayers are documented.

“And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone (Matthew 14:23 ESV).”

“And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed (Mark 1:35 ESV).”

“But he would withdraw to desolate places and pray (Luke 5:16 ESV).”

Christ prayed for His followers.

“Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them (John 17:24-26 ESV).”

His prayers are continuous. 

“Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us (Romans 8:34b ESV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print