Midst of Mayhem
by PamFord Davis

We can feel powerless to free ourselves from conflict and confrontation. Chances for escape not only become slim; instead, seem nearly impossible. Clamoring for recognition and a listening ear, victims wait. Marriages and families become balancing acts with relationships in danger of collapsing.

God's children repeatedly find themselves in difficult situations.

Jehovah is more than an easy way of escape. He is the only way to freedom from all that binds us. Psalmist, David praised God in the midst of mayhem.

Perils became platforms for prayer.

With faith, David believed his desperation would lead to deliverance.

“Lord, how long will You look on?
Rescue my soul from their ravages,
My only life from the lions.
I will give You thanks in the great congregation;
I will praise You among a mighty people (Psalm 35:17-18 NASB).”

We don’t face literal lions; yet, conflict has the potential of destroying relationships. God is the way to restoration and reconciliation.

“Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their wrongdoings against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:18-19 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print