Competition
by PamFord Davis

The broadcasting business is very competitive.

Radio and TV stations vie for first place in their market and play the ratings game. Managers hire consultants (efficiency experts) in an effort to make it to the top (and to hold the spot). Some have great ideas; while others simply wear title of consultant. They arrive at stations with fanfare and leave to try again else ware. Competition is good for businesses; it makes staff work harder. Believers sin when they compete for first place.

Look at me; see how great I am!

“And a dispute also developed among them as to which one of them was regarded as being the greatest. And He said to them, ‘The kings of the Gentiles domineer over them; and those who have authority over them are called ‘Benefactors.’ But it is not this way for you; rather, the one who is the greatest among you must become like the youngest, and the leader like the servant. For who is greater, the one who reclines at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at the table? But I am among you as the one who serves (Luke 22:24-27 NASB).”

Jesus rebuked and redirected His disciples. Christ led by example.

“Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,  who, as He already existed in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but emptied Himself by taking the form of a bond-servant and being born in the likeness of men (Philippians 2:5-7 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print