Seeking Outside Help
by PamFord Davis

We all have flaws and fail to meet God’s standards.

“But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, but it is the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction, or all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus (Romans 3:21-24 NASB).”

Victory isn’t in willpower, but in HIS power alone.

“For whoever has been born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith.

Who is the one who overcomes the world, but the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God (1 John 5:4-5 NASB).”

I applaud anyone who gains victory over addictions, fear, anger or envy. Admittedly, we have weaknesses and easily succumb to Satan’s temptations. We make promises to ourselves (or others).

‘I’ll never do that again!’

Guilt haunts the defeated with eerie cries of failure.

We must seek outside help.

Who can we trust?

Turn to Jesus.

The Lord knew His disciples would abandon Him. Fearing persecution (after His arrest) they scattered. He forgave them and offered peace.

“These things I have spoken to you so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world (John 16:33 NASB).”

Faith is the victory!

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print