It Can't be a Relief When It Wasn't a Worry
by

"Therefore, I tell you, don't be anxious for your life: what you will eat, or what you will drink; nor yet for your body, what you will wear. Isn't life more than food, and the body more than clothing? See the birds of the sky, that they don't sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns. Your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you of much more value than they?

"Which of you, by being anxious, can add one moment to his lifespan?

"But seek first God's Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, don't be anxious for tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Each day's own evil is sufficient." Matthew 6:25-27, 33-34 (WEB)

"Have you finished your treatment?" "Yes; in April." "Oh, what a relief that must be."

The expected response, of course, is "yes, it is a relief." I can't say that. I have thought about it, but that's just not a true statement. Why not? Because it wasn't a worry to begin with. If you weren't worried about something, how can you say it is a relief when it is over?

Radiation therapy was an inconvenience, but I knew when I received my diagnosis that God was with me and would work out his will in my life. I also knew there were two possible outcomes: either I would die soon, or I would die later. The only ones who will escape physical death are those who are alive when Jesus returns. Other than those folks, we are all going to die; it is just a question of when. Until that day, Jesus calls us to follow his example, seeking God's kingdom and his righteousness. Worry is not an option.

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for taking care of us. We often don't know what to do, but you do. You know how to work everything out for the good of those who are called according to your purpose. Thank you, Father, for doing just that. Help us to be patient as we wait on you, and to trust you always. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

Copyright 2007, Star Ferdinand. All Rights Reserved.

Star Ferdinand is the author of The Prayerful Bible Study Series of study guides, numerous devotionals, and other Christian writings. You can read more of her writings at starferdinand.wordpress.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print