Send Me
by

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." Matthew 28:19-20 (WEB)

Do you remember the story of King Hezekiah? He was very sick, and Isaiah told him he would die. Isaiah left and Hezekiah immediately turned to God in prayer. God sent Isaiah back to the king with the message that God would add 15 years to the king's life. That was a unique situation. King Hezekiah knew he had 15 years to live.

God knows how many years I will live, also. I cannot add one minute to that time. However, I can make the most of every minute I have. Jesus said the harvest is plentiful but there are not many laborers. He also said to pray that the Lord of the harvest would send workers to the field. Where is that field? It is everywhere. It is the whole world. The world is filled with people who are dying in their sinspeople who need to know that they need a savior, and Jesus is the only one who can save them.

Whom will God send to that field? Anyone who is willing to go. Jesus told his first disciples to go and make disciples of every nation, baptizing them, and teaching them to obey everything he commanded the disciples. I am a spiritual descendent of those first disciples. Therefore, I, too, must obey everything he commanded them. I must do my part to make, baptize, and teach disciples.

God has given each of us certain talents. Most of us have learned numerous skills from our parents, our teachers, our co-workers, or through trial-and-error. If we are willing, God will combine our talents and skills with the gifts the Holy Spirit has given us to create a unique laborer he can send into the fields. Remember, the entire world is the field. Your neighborhood is part of the field. We do not all need to go to other countries to participate in the harvest. We can do so every day, right in our own neighborhoods, workplaces, and schools.

I cannot add one minute to my earthly lifespan. However, I can point someone to eternal life with Jesus. There is no better way to spend my earthly life.

What about you? Will you follow the Lord of the harvest into the field?

O, God, please send more workers to the field. Here I am; send me. You gave me life. I now give you my life to do with as you see fit. Make my life pleasing to you, God. Use me to bring others to you through your Son, Jesus the Christ. In his name I pray. Amen.

Copyright 2007, Star Ferdinand. All Rights Reserved.

Star Ferdinand is the author of The Prayerful Bible Study Series of study guides, numerous devotionals, and other Christian writings. You can read more of her writings at starferdinand.wordpress.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print