Freedom to Die Trying
by

Christ-followers are called to die trying.

Even if God transplanted us to another place, then we should still maintain the same do-or-die outlook, where living Christ is good and dying for Christ is best. To die striving in prayer and in obedience to Christ is not only the best way to go for the Christ-follower... it is the only way to go.

Godless men, in their worldly wisdom, spend and are themselves spent on selfish endeavors. Shouldn't we who follow Christ labor even more diligently to obey to our heavenly Master? As our Savior gave His all on our behalf, so also let us pour ourselves out in humble surrender to Him.

God doesn't require anything that our flesh counts as an asset. This should be liberating knowledge for us.

The fact that He has already loaded His gospel with all the power and influence that this sinful world could ever need should lead us to proclaim this gospel unabashedly. The fact that His holiness transcends all creation should lead us to step out again and again in bold faith.

There is a Christ-honoring way to obey Him by trying. And there is a humble way to depend on Him for daily correction and teaching.

He has already been correcting and teaching us up to this point. The fact that Christ's Spirit is still anywhere near us should confirm beyond all doubt that He remains faithful to us even despite us.

All things considered, I feel compelled to try and imitate my Teacher.

It is enlightening to consider the reasons why we don't want to obey Christ boldly in our own hometowns. For the most part, we are more fearful of people's opinions than we are mindful of Almighty God's opinion.

But what does it matter to us if whole crowds of people who know our first and last names think less of us for preaching Christ and Him crucified? What bearing does the opinion of men have on God or His people? Should it matter to us if God's gospel is foolishness to all humankind? Even if angry mobs tear us to pieces for declaring that Jesus Christ is Lord, then we have lost nothing. If God is for us then we needn't worry about anyone being against us.

by Patrick Roberts. Find additional resources at www.BooksByPatrick.com

Patrick is an average Christ-seeker.  His goal is to turn people to Jesus Christ.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print