Creed's Song "Higher" and God's Kingdom
by

Creed's song, Higher, reads like a prayer from someone who longs for God's kingdom. These lyrics are from the heart of someone who has tasted God's goodness and yet must continue to live in this fallen world.

Chorus:

"Can you take me higher? To the place where blind men see Can you take me higher? To the place with golden streets"

Refrain:

"Up high I feel like I'm alive for the very first time Up high I'm strong enough to take these dreams And make them mine"

God's people are waiting for something that has not yet arrived, and yet they are also experiencing heaven right now. The fullness of God's Presence is something much more real than a dream and yet, for expression's sake, this is a wonderful way to describe the reality of God's heavenly reign here on earth. To some extent it is alive only in the minds of His enlightened ones, who have been taught by His Spirit.

This world is a combination of God's world and yet also "another world." God allows his people to escape the futility of death that reigns over earth, but we still must live on earth for however long God dictates. We can live at peace however, knowing that the purpose of our everyday lives is grounded in eternal meaning because of Christ.

There is a new thirst and hunger that God instills in His people that only He can fulfill. It is a blessed, conscience clearing hunger. It is the rightest, richest kind of hunger there is.

Of course, the fact that Creed performed this song hundreds of times in front of all kinds of audiences is fantastic. Anyone who makes God's truth available in such a subtle, savvy, sincere way is a spiritual genius.

I love the seeking spirit of Scott Stapp (I believe he wrote most of Creed's lyrics). This spirit is evident by the way he fulfills his passion so well that he gains worldwide fame and yet can't help overflowing with God's truth. He was strategic to keep from being labeled "Christian;" he knew that such a connotation would be primarily religious and therefore detrimental to any genuine, spiritual progress. This would have only hampered his ability to perform in the mainstream music scene.

by Patrick Roberts. Find similar media reviews at KoG Media, www.kogmedia.com

Patrick is an average Christ-seeker.  His goal is to turn people to Jesus Christ.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print