Sensing Evil
by LaNaye Perkins

Wanda didn't know what was up with her son lately. He seemed determined to push her past endurance. She didn't understand his choices anymore. He'd been raised in a Christian home. How could he be living such a life when he knew better?

Along with everything else, he was seeing a young woman who made Wanda very uneasy. Whenever she looked at the woman she felt a chill go up her spine. Something about her gave Wanda a deep sense of foreboding. The woman actually seemed really nice. So why did she feel so uneasy?

Wanda and her husband discussed the situation. Neither of them could find a single thing that would cause them to feel so uncomfortable. Even after a lengthy discussion, they both were at a loss to explain it. The fact remained though; something just wasn't right with this woman and both of them felt the same sense of foreboding around her.

Before going to sleep that night, Wanda prayed and asked God to show her why she was so disturbed by this young woman. Then she turned out the light and went to sleep.

Her dreams were fitful and frightening. She kept seeing chaotic scenes unfolding in front of her, none of which made sense. Then she was in a large room that was completely dark. She saw her son in the middle of the room. A light was shining on him, and the young woman stood between them. The woman was moving and talking seductively to her son. It was obvious she was swaying him and Wanda could tell he was in terrible danger.

When she moved to warn her son and the young woman turned to face her, it wasn't the woman. What she saw was the face of a hideous demon. It snarled at her and told her to go away. It's image was so terrifying that she felt the sight of it might actually scare her to death. Her heart pounded so hard she felt it might fail and stop altogether. In the dream, she fell back because fear and pain made her too weak to move. Her heart pounded and pain radiated up to her jaw.

She watched in horror as the demon worked its deception on her son. She knew its objective was to destroy him. She tried to warn him, but the pain worked like a fist choking the words out of her throat. Her son's face was clearly visable and Wanda could tell he only saw the beauty of the woman. He was blind to the truth. In a raspy voice, barely above a whisper, Wanda cried out the name of Jesus.

She was clutching her chest and gasping for air when she woke up from the terrible dream. Wanda knew the dream was an answer from God. Immediately she began to pray for her son. As she continued to pray, she also asked God to erase the image of the demon from her mind forever. She lay there trembling from fear for a long time while she prayed. What she had seen in her dream was why the woman gave her such a feeling of foreboding. God let her know that the woman had been placed in her son's life to distract him and cause him to be pulled deeply into sin. He also let her know that she was to pray for this woman. Wanda knew the woman was blind to the demonic forces that controlled her, and would destroy her unless she was freed from their bondage.

Thanking God for His wisdom and intervention, Wanda got on her knees and praised God for giving her discernment so that she would know how to pray more effectively for her son. She also thanked God for showing her how to pray for the young woman.

*********************
From the beginning the Lord let me know I was to share whatever He inspired me to write. Now, over a decade later, I'm still sharing what He's given. 
-LaNaye Perkins

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print