Be Who YOU Are
by Pam Frey

Being a part of FaithWriter's has taught me so much. I think the most important thing I have been learning is to be who God made me to be and not to compare myself to others.

I love to read the articles written by others who are a part of FaithWriter's. But there have been times when I have caught myself wishing I could write like them.

God made me to be who He made me to be. I am a teacher and my articles reflect that. I love to expound on the Word of God. I love to take a revelation that God has given me from His Word and teach it. That's who I am.

I have read other's articles and they sound like novels you can get caught up in and feel like you are in their story. It's like actually experiencing for yourself what they are writing about. I've thought to myself, "I wish I could write like that". But that's not who I am. What comes out of me when I write comes from what God has put in my heart.

I want to be a better writer with every article and I desire the comments from others that help me learn how to do just that. But, at the same time, I want to remain perfectly content with being the kind of writer that God made me to be, a teacher of the Word of God.

To compare myself to someone else and wish I could be like them is saying God made a mistake in making me the way He made me. No one that has ever been born is just like you or me. We have all been uniquely created by God, one of a kind. Of course, we all have room for improvement in being exactly what God has created us to be. But we should never compare ourselves to others and try to be something other than who God made us to be. If I am a teacher, I should work to be the best teacher I can be.

Be who YOU are. God made you special and the Body of Christ needs you to be who God made you to be. Ephesians 4:16(Amplified) For because of Him the whole body (the church, in all its various parts), closely joined and firmly knit together by the joints and ligaments with which it is supplied, when each part [with power adapted to its need] is working properly [in all it's functions], grows to full maturity, building itself up in love.

May His peace be multiplied to you as you grow in the knowledge of Him.

I am a passionate lover of Jesus.  My desire in writing is to share that passion with others in hopes that they too will catch on FIRE.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print