A Wilderness Explorer
by Patricia Charlton

A Wilderness Explorer

God is calling you. He travels the whole earth searching for explorers. Seekers, that understand the nature of humanity. Longing to turn timid cowards into daring explorers. How did I begin this journey? My excursion into the wilderness of faith requires that I partner with Jesus Christ and his Holy Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit's assistance, I didn't hear the original call to this new adventure. It took many years and several invitations until one day I got his message.

It was during a revival service in 1980, that I clearly heard his call. If it wasn't for the faithful service of a pulpit thumping, spirit led man of God; darkness would still be my dwelling place. Everyday, I walk in light because God found a person whose heart was pure towards him. Many a moment the Holy Spirit re-enforces this truth about the one that you and I service: "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose hearts is loyal to Him." (II Chronicles 16:9 NJKV) A successful explorer develops a daring heart.

How is your heart today? Is it pure, faithful and tender? If so, God is for you. Don't be tumid. Go ahead start your wilderness adventure. Take the first steps. Look for the spirit led pathway. Don't fear the unknown. Listen, the isolation quietly re-enforces that nothing hinders the Spirit's work. We all should understand that if: "What then shall we say to these things? (life, Satan, isolation and troubles) If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8: 31 NKJV) Even when Christ calls you and me to isolation, it is for a reason. Jesus longs for the company of his children. In stillness and quietness, we hear his voice clearly. Why am I confident in this fact that isolation is a calling of God? Consider this: "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." (II Chronicles 7: 14 NKJV) In that skin pealing, isolating moments, our only recourse is the company of God. Isolation strips away the self-reliant qualities that make a strong communion with the Holy Spirit impossible. God hates pride. At times even his children can be proud in the fact that God chose us.

In the last few years the Holy Spirit revealed that my self-righteousness hindered God's plans for my life. Only when I lost my large house, motorcycle, bank accounts, good paying job, old friendships, did I understand that in Christ I have everything. Did I cry about it? You bet! Did I get depressed? Most definitely! During that time my husband got so depressed he contemplated suicide. For about 5 years I experienced the dark depressive moments with my husband. But Jesus makes himself very real in that experience. It was during that time that I began to write about the greatness of God and the darkness of my sinful nature. All the while the Holy Spirit painful stripped away my feisty nature. As I grew closer to Jesus, the more his gifting emerged. I think words, see visions, and write for His glory. If I didn't experience those isolating moments, His kingdom would suffer. I was born to write. It took pain, trials, and a new nature to turn this timid coward into a wilderness explorer. I understand that God is for me in whatever I experience. I no longer fear the wilderness. I embrace the experience of isolation. Only in the wilderness do you and I experience the true nature of humanity.

Have you started your journey into the wilderness? Are you willing to boldly go where you haven't been? Don't hesitate! Go! God is calling you.

Copyright 2007 Patricia Charlton



Devotional writer for EzraWeb and a contributing columnist for Crossmap, Patricia shares her experiences with the power of God to make anyone more than a conqueror. Her passion is Jesus and her venue is writing. Contact Patricia: [email protected]
www.devotionsfortoday.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print