The Bean Seed Grows Up
by Debbie Roome

It was cold and wet under the dark brown soil and the seed shivered. There must be a mistake. He was supposed to be a tall, green beanstalk. "God." he cried out. "What's happening to me? I'm supposed to be a tall, green beanstalk"

God whispered back. "Wait."

And so the seed waited. He waited all day and all night and all that changed was his skin became loose. "God!" he cried out. "What's happening to me? I'm supposed to be a tall green beanstalk."

God whispered back. "Wait."

And so the seed waited. He waited all week. Seven days and seven nights and all that changed was his skin fell off and a root started to grow. He liked the root for it pushed him up through the soil, closer to the warmth of the shiny, yellow sun. But he was still worried. "God!" he cried out. "What's happening to me? I'm supposed to be a tall, green beanstalk."

God whispered back. "Wait."

And so the seed waited. He waited another week. Seven days and seven nights and all that changed was the root pushed him above ground and he grew two small leaves. He was happy to be in the sun, but he still wasn't a beanstalk. "God!" he cried out. "What's happening to me? I'm supposed to be a tall, green beanstalk."

God whispered back. "Wait."

And so the seed waited. He waited two weeks. Fourteen days and fourteen nights and all that changed was he grew some more leaves and roots. He knew he was getting stronger as the rain watered him and the sun warmed him, but he wanted to be tall. "God!" he cried out. "What's happening to me? I'm supposed to be a tall, green beanstalk."

God whispered back. "Wait."

And so the seed waited. He waited another two weeks. Fourteen days and fourteen nights and at last his dream came true. He looked down at himself and he was tall and green and strong with healthy leaves and small white flowers which nodded in the sun. "God!" he cried out. "Thank you for making me a tall, green beanstalk."

God whispered back. "You're welcome."

Debbie Roome is passionate about writing stories that touch people's lives and point them to God.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print