A Crisis in America
by gene hudgens




Think about this whether you consider the military as a career or consider entering the military only for a year or two. Realize that the entire U. S. Armed Forces accounts for only one percent of the American population and the other 99 % (especially too many of our government leaders), are not interested in adequately caring for the individuals in the America military. This "one percent" does 100 % of the dangerous hard work of providing security and defense for America and all Americans. The America media continually fails to properly educate all Americans of the sad situation of this one-sided devotion and patriotism.

Like no other profession, the military is most needed, least understood, least respected, and under paid professional in America.

The pay scale for the military is far below the "fairness" level. No other occupation or profession in America demands that its members sign a contract stating their willingness to die for their country. Police and firefighters are expected to face dangers, but they can quit their job any minute. A military member can be court-martialed for disobeying an order.

Beware that some unscrupulous politicians will attempt to pass on to you the faults they have and add some extras just for you.

American government leaders lied to present veterans and retirees regarding their promise to provide free medical care for those military members that served twenty or more honorable years of military service.

Today too many unscrupulous government leaders do not want to pay for immediate adequate medical care, and life-long rehabilitation for the military members that are wounded in war. They still do not want to keep their promise to retirees. There is a serious problem when 99 % of the American population (that is never in harms-way) (never gets wounded) (never gets killed in war) are not willing to pay all and every expense necessary to quickly provide (its military) the best medical care in Americaregardless of the cost. What else is this 99 % asked to do to protect America?

The present situation is so serious that America's survival is at stake. Americans are foolish if they expect the "all volunteer" military concept to succeed when this one percent of America's population is not adequately cared for. The American voters must act immediately.

The reinstatement of the DRAFT is necessary. It is only fair that the defense of our America be equally shared by all citizens regardless of their social status. Every citizen needs to be eligible for call-up for military duty when needed. Every citizen needs to feel the responsibility of defending America, suffering the separation of family, the hardships of military service, and be equally exposed to the dangers of physical injuries and death.

If the DRAFT is not reinstated then big changes in attitude and actions must be INITIATED.

The 99% of America's citizens that are never in harms-way must quickly do what ever is necessary to adequately care for the 1% that does all of the "hard and dirty" work of militarily defending America.

The "best" medical care available in America must be provided to all active military members, veterans, and retirees in a timely mannerwith no restrictions. All wounded and disabled veterans and all retirees must be provided free medical care"for life".

The unfair and inhuman FSPA (Former Spouse Protection Act) needs to be eliminated. The military profession must become one of America's higher paid professions if the all volunteer concept is to survive.

Avoid waking-up some morning and finding that America's military is a Mercenary Army made-up members that claim English as their second language. American's media must be held responsible for positively supporting America's military members and not acting as traitors as was the case during the 'Jane Fonder days of the Vietnam War.

God Bless America!























Gene Hudgens honorably served in the U.S. Armed Forces for twenty eight years.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print