Praying Through the Scriptures - John 20
by

Lord Jesus, what did the other disciple believe? Since he did not know the Scripture that says you must rise from the dead, I assume he simply believed Mary's report that your body was gone. What a surprise you had in store for him!

This must have been an incredibly difficult time for Mary, but what an amazing thing you did, Lord. You did not leave Mary in her sorrow and anguish. Instead, you revealed yourself to her, a former prostitute, and made her a messenger, a witness, to the disciples. Thank you, Lord, for showing Mary that despite her mistakes of the past, she has value in your kingdom, and she can be a witness for you. Help me to remember that, Lord, when I encounter those who have turned to you from a sordid past. Help me to remember, that you make all things new, including the hearts of people who come to you, and in so doing, you make them valuable in the kingdom of God.

O Lord, what an experience this must have been for the disciples! What did you mean when you said, "Whoever's sins you forgive, they are forgiven them. Whoever's sins you retain, they have been retained"? Men have come up with different interpretations of this verse, but which one is correct? Oh, how difficult it is sometimes, Lord, to know what you meant in various passages of Scripture. Please, Lord, enlighten me. Help me to understand your words. I want to understand everything, but please, at least help me to understand what I need to know to do your will.

Thomas was certainly a doubter, but in the end, he boldly declares, "My Lord and my God!" Oh, help me, Lord, to make that same declaration about you, for you are my Lord and my God!

O Lord Jesus, I do believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God. Thank you for giving me life in your name! Amen.

Copyright 2007, Star Ferdinand. All Rights Reserved.

Star Ferdinand is the author of The Prayerful Bible Study Series of study guides, numerous devotionals, and other Christian writings. You can read more of her writings at starferdinand.wordpress.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print