Linkin Park - "What I've Done" -- True Reconciliation
by

True reconciliation is difficult. This is unexpected because the people who need reconciliation are so often already going through difficult times. But such is God's design. He requires courage and sacrifice, even from the frightened and weak, from those who seem to have already lost everything.

When a person finally becomes desperate enough to ask for reconciliation, God says, "OK, you can have it. All you have to do is die to yourself. You've already been through more than you ever thought you could bear, I know. Now I'm asking you to go even further."

The secret to true reconciliation is death in Christ. In this way Christ makes His followers some of the most courageous people in the world.

Linkin Park describes a heavenly quality of mercy and reconciliation in their song, "What I've Done." This song's lyrics express a resolute, soul-deep surrender.

Whoever might pray these words must embrace God's purposeful uncertainty. Allowing God to wipe the slate clean or erase oneself is strategically mysterious.

It is impossible for a person to be reconciled in Christ and yet also be in denial about their own sin. On the contrary, Christ gives us the ability to confront sin effectively. After all, what good is reconciliation that does not confront reality?

Any person who understands what sin is will jump on the first chance they can get to destroy it. Christ gives us that chance. How do we obtain this mercy? We must ask in Christ's name.

Linkin Park may or may not have had Jesus Christ in mind when they wrote "What I've Done." In any case this song describes courageous, godly reconciliation in Christ beautifully.

by Patrick Roberts. Find similar reviews at www.KoGmedia.com. Also checkout www.BooksByPatrick.com

Patrick is an average Christ-seeker.  His goal is to turn people to Jesus Christ.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print