Bonnie
by Catherine Pollock

The black cap over Bonnie's bobbling blond curls made Scott smile as her face knotted up in concentration. Five years old, and she was already building in the snow. Just like Kathy.

He fingered the paperclip in his pocket as he watched from the back porch. Six years ago, he could never have imagined life like this was possible. As usual, God had proven him completely wrong, opening up his eyes and heart to this little girl who had no idea how much she was loved.

"Scott?"

The scuff of tennis shoes on the porch turned Scott around, caused him to drop the paperclip. It was Kathy, freckled face grinning, and seven year old Daniel with untied shoe laces.

"It's a go." She smiled.

"It is?" Scott grinned, then turned around to look at their daughter. "Bonnie!"

The young girl's head rose from behind the wall she'd built.

"Guess what?" He ran into the yard and picked her up.

"What?" Bonnie squirmed to get down.

Scott just held her tighter. "I'm your daddy now."

"Really?" Bonnie settled down.

"Really." Scott nodded.

"Cool. Can I get down?"

He laughed and let her down, looking at his wife as Bonnie went back to her building. This really was the best present he could ever have gotten.

Author's Blogsite: http://www.xanga.com/BroknPizzaMaker

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print