The Top 3 Movies That Have Impacted My Life
by Everest Alexander

Movies speak to me very deeply; in a way many people don't understand.

When I'm watching a movie I'm not just using my eyes and ears, all of me is involved in the total experience the movie is offering. I temporarily live in that world with the characters and I'm open to learning whatever I can from the story being told.

My first movie is, "Braveheart" starring, Mel Gibson.

It's a rare thing to find someone who so completely believes in his cause that he's willing to die for it. Many of us talk a big talk about what we believe but are we willing to literally die for that cause we're so passionately defending? William Wallace did!

One particular scene that touched me deeply was when Wallace told Robert the Bruce he would follow him if he took up the mantle of leadership and led the people right.

This, more than anything else revealed Wallace's heart and motives clearly showing that he was more interested in serving than being served.

This is the unmistakable mark of a true leader, to serve others unconditionally without desire for reward or personal gain, the very thing I've been struggling with in my own life and ministry for many years. Cultivating the heart of a true servant leader. Wallace clearly defined this attribute and inspired me to pursue it more diligently. Freeeeeeeedom!!!

Next is, "Fifty First Dates" starring, Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore.

Even though the opening scene is a little raunchy this movie had an all round positive impact on me.

Sandler's character willingly choose to put himself in a marriage where he would literally HAVE to win his wife's love all over again EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THEIR LIFE FOR AS LONG AS THEY LIVED!

Every morning this woman would remember nothing about him... Nothing! Everyday he'd wake up a total stranger to her and would have to live that day so she'd fall in love with him all over again.

The power of this concept is unsurpassed! This spoke loudly to me because it's what we all, as husbands, are supposed to be doing anyway Winning our wife's love every day!

Instead, we fall into a rut and find it so easy to take each other for granted. I believe if we all worked as hard on improving our marriages as we do on improving our careers we would each enjoy married bliss! Instead we've bought into the lie that all we need is love. A successful marriage takes hard work and Sandler's character epitomizes what the ideal husband's attitude should be.

The third movie that simply blew my mind away is, "March of the Penguins!" Wow! What an awesome display of unadulterated fatherhood! The Mom's role wasn't too shabby either but being a male myself the father's role is what really got me.

I see this movie as an unmistakable beacon of hope, if our animal cousins operating solely on instinct can demonstrate such self-sacrifice in protecting and nurturing their young, can we who boast a superior intellect do any less?

This movie establishes an ideal for fathers of the human variety to strive for. It clearly defines a father's position and what sacrifices he should be willing to make for his children.

So, there you have it, the top three movies that have impacted me deeply.

This is the reason when I'm settled down to watching a good movie it's almost like I'm in church. There's an invisible "Do Not Disturb" sign hung around my neck because even though I want to be entertained I'm also trying to learn as much as I can on becoming a better husband, father and all round person.

Author's Note: Last paragraph included just in case my wife's reading this (smile).

Everest John Alexander is a Minister/Writer/Entrepreneur in public ministry for over 16 years, pastoring for 4 years. He's married with two kids and has written five books published online at: www.CheapChristianEbooks.com where you can get FREE Ebooks, Articles, Poems, Quizzes, Jokes, Riddles etc

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print