Marching Tree Tops
by sandra snider

"So it shall be, when you hear the sound of marching in the tops of the mulberry trees, then you shall advance quickly. For then the Lord will go out before you to strike the camp of the Philistines."
(2 Samuel 5:24)

On January 1, 2008, I heard the sound of marching in the tops of the mulberry trees.

This sound of heaven came as of a rushing mighty wind. The Spirit was rustling the tops of the spiritual tree branches in the life of a woman who was a complete stranger to me.

She said her resolve for 2008 is to explore world religions: to visit a temple, talk to a Jehovah Witness, and learn about Islam. She confessed that she is empty and fear-filled and wants deliverance, healing, forgiveness and assurance. She shared freely and openly for more than an hour in a retail space where shoppers typically press in on all sides. But on this January day the Spirit was rustling the tops of the mulberry trees and a rushing mighty wind was filling a life.

The Lord told David to advance quickly into battle when he heard the Spirit stirring the tops of the trees because God alone had prepared the way. I, too, advanced quickly and decisively and the words poured forth. We are the broken. He is the healer. Jesus Redeemer, mighty to save. Drink from the well of truth, the Fountain of Life. Avoid the polluted wells of lies that the world religions offer. Draw close to God and He will draw close to you. God will never leave you or forsake you.

I invited her to come to Alpha and bring her questions about Christianity. She expressed genuine interest and asked for a brochure. Later, when I dropped the brochure off I also gave her a copy of The Evidence Bible: Irrefutable Evidence for the Thinking Mind. She accepted my gifts gratefully and with enthusiasm punctuated with hugs.

"The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it," Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3:8. I don't know the way of the wind or the Spirit (Ecclesiastes 11:5) but on the first day of 2008 I heard the thrilling sound of marching in the tops of the mulberry trees.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print