Would Jesus Celebrate Halloween?
by Angie Lewis

Scripture doesnt say anything about Halloween, but it does have principles in which we can make a clearer judgment on how we should celebrate this holiday, or if we should celebrate it at all. As Christians we should always be discerning in our choices and take time in prayer and reflection to decide if something is right for us.

Would Jesus listen to music? Yes, I think Jesus would listen to music. We do know that he would NOT listen to anything hateful, blasphemous, cursive, violent, defamatory, racist, evil, occultist, or anything else offensive.

Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. (Romans 12:9)

Would Jesus watch Television? I think Jesus would have a difficult time finding anything productive to watch on TV. We do know for a fact that Jesus would not watch anything that is lustful, hateful, racist, gory, evil, destructive, violent, depressing, deceptive, witchery, propagandist, or dark and evil.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, and self-control. (Galatians 5:22)

Would Jesus celebrate Halloween? We do know that Jesus would not celebrate anything that is hateful, blasphemous, dark, evil, violent, trickery, vandalistic, gory, gothic, dark, witchery, deceptiveness, and the occult.

Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. (Ephesians 5:8-11)

There is nothing evil or hateful about young innocent children dressing up in costumes and going door-to-door for candy? As far as I can see, there isnt any real harm in getting some candy and knocking on doors to do that. The harm begins when certain people engage in evil and destructive practices harming others and themselves in the process. So how can Christians separate the two?

For those of you who simply cannot give up this holiday, there are a few alternative ways you can celebrate it without the dark and evil aspects of this holiday being a part of the celebration. See what activities your local Church or community is organizing. Usually they have food, candy, games, apple bobbing, hayrides, square dances, etc. All of these activities are perfectly fine. If youre unsure about an activity, ask yourself, Would Jesus do this? and there you will find your answer.

In conclusion, God doesnt want us to participate in anything that would take our eyes off of Him and onto something evil and hateful. It is all about attitude. If we carry around an attitude of righteousness and love then there is no darkness?

So is it a sin to celebrate Halloween? It is a sin to partake in evildoing. It is not a sin to take your children out for candy or on a hayride. Use discretion in whatever you do. For my family and me, we have decided to not participate in any of it, but this is a personal conscientious choice that each individual must decide for himself.

"God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. (1 John 1:5,6).

Forgive Your Spouse of Adultery And Save Your Christian Marriage: http://youtu.be/snUGrD6Qh5k
Visit our marriage Healing Ministry: http://www.heavenministries.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print