Keeping our Minds on Christ
by naomi Cassata

What is the importance of keeping our minds stayed on Christ? According to the Bible, this is our key to having peace in our lives and throughout every circumstance that brings turmoil. You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You (Isaiah 26:3). I've learned that there are many things we can focus on in life that can either make us or break us. Many things fight for our attention. What we allow our minds to center on is what we will become. With this knowledge, we must do all we can to protect our minds.

We must guard our minds from ungodly things that pull our attention off of Christ and away from His word. Satan does not want our minds to be at peace, this is why he has created so many distractions that entice our senses and draw us away from Christ. It's only when we rid our lives of these that we will be at complete peace.

One area of refocusing our minds is in the area of our emotions. At times, our minds can become bombarded with anger, fear, depression, revenge or hopelessness. As long as we are living in an imperfect world, we will be faced with these challenges. It's at these moments we must decide if that's what we want to become. Because what has our attention is what we will become, especially if we dwell on it. Although we don't have to stay in this state of mind.

There is a battle going on in our minds. As Christians, our minds belong to Christ, but carnality still fights and wants to control our minds. 2 Corinthians 10:5 states we are to bring every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. How do we know when our minds aren't focused on Christ nor His principles? If the thoughts we are thinking are not bringing peace to our minds, we have missed the mark. As the scripture said, we must take those thoughts captive. Don't allow them to have free rein in your mind. Jesus is to sit on the throne of our minds and He can only do this if our minds are focused on Him.

1 Peter 1:13 tells us to gird up the loins of our minds. To gird something up is to bind or tighten it. In other words, to not allow it to hang loose. We can use that same principle with our thought life. Keep a tight rein on the meditations of our minds. Philippians 4:8 says it beautifully Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. I remember as a little girl having to quote the above scripture from memorization. I didn't know until I got older, how important that verse would be to me. We have to train our minds to think upon these things. God has given us the keys to have a peaceful mind, but we have to be willing to obey His word if we want to obtain it.



http://www.lampformyfeet.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print