Pathway to Enlightenment
by Patricia Charlton

Everywhere we turn today, someone or something grabs our attention with a promise of a fulfilling life. A life involving peace, contentment, and joy. But, where do you and I find such fulfillment? The new age point of view claims that God is within. That you and I dictate the pathway of each and everyday. To a new age mentality, the human mind is the stepping stone to a fantasy pathway to tranquility. But, is that the truth? Is self the doorway onto your pathway of enlightenment?

Before you decide, consider that law framework everything in nature. Gravity ensures that objects remain on earth. Police enforce rules that dictate the behavior of humanity. The pattern of seasonal change never falters. So it is with the spiritual world. Before mankind entered this earth, God enforced Four Spiritual Laws for humanities enlightenment. These laws ensure that peace, contentment, and joy remains upon this earth.

The gateway to your enlightenment begins with these laws.

Law One: God loves you and offers a wonderful plan for your life. Don't believe the lie that our minds dictate our actions. It can't! Only God knows the future. Only God understands the true nature of mankind.

Law Two: Man is sinful and separated from God. Mankind cannot know or experience the divine love and future pathway of each individual. From the Garden of Eden to the modern day jungle, man's thoughts are evil. Go to any street corner and watch the behavior of street gangs. Observe the behavior of your children. Children never receive teaching on devious actions. It comes naturally. For "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." (Romans 3: 23) With each action, it influences the outcome of our future. God demands a payment or toil for each infraction of his spiritual laws. What is the payment? "The wages (payment) of sin (infraction) is death (spiritual separation from God)." (Romans 6: 23) A dark valley separates the wayward from the pathway to their enlightenment. A dense fog of confusion hinders the weary traveler from the goal of peace and joy. Many a heavy burdened sojourner deviates from their pathway. Be careful! Consider the fact that your broken spiritual laws cloud your entrance. Stop! Rest! Consider the law.

Law Three: Jesus Christ is God's only provision for man's sin. Your bridge over the dense dark valley of confusion is Jesus Christ. Because "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners (transgressors), Christ died for us." (Romans 5: 8) If you are banking on your own goodness to bridge the gap between you and darkness, think again. These spiritual laws are binding in the High Court of Appeal. None have broken the law and entered the gates of enlightenment. "Jesus said to him (and you and me), I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." (John 14: 6) Believe it or not, this is the law. Ignorance is not a defense.

Law Four: We must individually receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. Then we can know and experience divine love and direction.

The fog slowly lifts from your eyes and the gate swings open. Will you act? The choice is yours. Chose this day who you will follow self or Jesus Christ. The outcome means the difference between spiritual enlightenment or spiritual darkness. But don't wait too long. The gate stays open for a short time. Remember you must receive Jesus Christ and live before entering the realm of spiritual enlightenment.

Copyright 2008 Patricia Charlton


Devotional writer for EzraWeb and a contributing columnist for Crossmap, Patricia shares her experiences with the power of God to make anyone more than a conqueror. Her passion is Jesus and her venue is writing. Contact Patricia: [email protected]
www.devotionsfortoday.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print