Imitate Me
by sandra snider

My husband kissed the cat.

There, he admits it. He planted a kiss on the top of our cat's head. It was something my husband said he would never, ever do. One just never knows where that furry head has been, he's always said. But in a moment of weakness it just happened.

I've never had a problem with showing affection to Blacky in this way and John has observed my behavior for years. Once, to settle a dispute about the appropriateness (or not) of kissing a beloved pet, I polled two women who also own cats. I asked them if they ever kiss them. "Of course!" the first one said, almost indignant I even had to ask. "Absolutely," said the other. Feeling affirmed and avenged I informed John that I'm not the only one who thinks that it's perfectly normal to give an occasional buss to a beloved pet. So imagine my shock when John sheepishly told me that when he was enjoying a little one-on-one time with Mr. Personality he kissed the eight pound feline before he even realized what he had inadvertently done.

I told him not to feel too badly about his momentary little lapse because when you watch and observe something repeatedly it's just a matter of time before you mimic the action yourself. His unexpected behavior even seems to confirm and illustrate a spiritual principle.

In I Corinthians 11:1 Paul says, "Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ." And, "The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you." (Philippians 4:9)

John, however, doesn't have much peace about kissing the cat!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print