The Cave
by Sherry Hoffcastel

A little girl kneels by herself, alone in a dark cave. Her clothes are worn and tattered and dirt covers her face. Every day she comes here looking for some peace from the storm that rages on outside and oh, how she grieves. Her tiny little body pours out the tears each day and every day her prayers are heard from inside that cave.

Then one day she cries out,

"Oh God, if you're there, please come and take the pain away. Please tell me that you care. I am just so lonely and I need to be loved. Oh, God if you're listening, will you come? Oh, will you come?"

Then out of the silence of her aching, grieving soul a man appears inside the cave, standing at the door. His clothes are bright and shiny, the purest shade of white. His face is full of kindness, there's forgiveness in his eyes.

She looks up from the ground where her tears soaked up the earth. She sees the man she prayed for and her heart begins to burst. He enters the darkness and gathers her in his arms, walking toward the sunlight to a place that's dry and warm. Then suddenly they're standing in the middle of a field. The sun rests on her shoulders and dries up all her tears.

She looks to the man that rescued her and glances down to find no longer worn and tattered, she wears a sparkling dress of white. He reaches out to touch her and puts his hands upon her face. No longer streaked with dirt and grime, she's been washed by his grace.

"I heard your cries of grief, my child and when you called for me, my heart was overjoyed at the chance to set you free. I promise from now until forever you'll never be without a friend. When you call I'll answer and hold you once again. The loneliness will be no more, my love will make you whole.

And when your heart is grieving, I'll hold you in the storm. You will have pain but don't be scared. I'm right here all the time. The storms may rage but rest assured joy is not that far behind. Take heart, my child and come to me whenever you need love. I know the plans I have for you. I can heal you with one touch."

She looks into his eyes that seem to reach into her soul and she walks into his loving arms. She's not grieving anymore. She cries her tears of joy in his strong, fatherly embrace and whispers in his gentle ear,

"Can I touch your face?"

He steps away and takes her hand and pulls it to his side.

"Someday my child, just wait and see. We'll be in paradise."

And so they walk down the road that leads to home, she in her white dress and he in his crown of thorns. The journey is a long one and she'll fall along the way. But never again will she be alone in that dark and dreary cave.

I am an associate pastor's wife and stay at home mom who simply loves to write. My end goal at the end of every article is that the reader is strengthened, encouraged, and above all, closer to God. Please check out my website, here at faithwriters.com.
 Sherry Castelluccio 2008

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print