Spiritual Boot Camp
by Patricia Charlton

Everyday I face an enemy that understands my human nature. I feel the blows from each spiritual boxing match and cry out in pain. Often I go down for the count without hitting back. My spiritual body needs an understanding of my enemy. He never gives up his fight to destroy God's children. Ignorance to my enemy's tactics is deadly. So, I decided to take a journey into the world of spiritual warfare. If I'm going to take some spiritual blows, I want to hit my enemy where it hurts. Over the next few days, I'm enlisting in spiritual boot camp. As a soldier of Christ, the discipline of standing when the going gets tough will become my second nature. "Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Ephesians 6: 13 NKJV Certainly, these are evil days.

I must understand that standing for Christ starts with this truth: "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual host of wickedness in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6: 12 NKJV If my battle is not with human beings, then who or what am I fighting? According to this verse, my enemy has an army in the heavens star wars.

The one truth that makes my enemy tremble in his boots is this: power in the blood of the lamb. "And they overcame him the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony and they did not love their lives to the death." Revelation 12: 11 NKJV This is the season to celebrate Easter. A time to reflect on death, resurrection and new beginnings. If Christ didn't rise from the tomb, this boot camp adventure is fruitless. The blood of Christ shed on the cross- sealed the fate of Satan and his wicked angels.

It is with holy reverence and godly fear that I enlist in the Holy Spirit's spiritual boot camp. From this training, I fight with vigor, discernment, and purpose. Warfare isn't an enjoyable experience but greater is he who is in me then he that is in the world Holy Spirit. Would you join me and enlist in this boot camp? If so, stay tuned for the next installment about our enemy.

Copyright  2007 Patricia Charlton


Devotional writer for EzraWeb and a contributing columnist for Crossmap, Patricia shares her experiences with the power of God to make anyone more than a conqueror. Her passion is Jesus and her venue is writing. Contact Patricia: [email protected]
www.devotionsfortoday.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print