A Baby's Faith
by Judy Sims

Faith of a baby

I will never forget the day I held my baby daughter in my hands, extended out from my body, over her crib.

I had carried her back to her crib, after a bath, for all those little things one does like lotion and powder. As I started to lay her on the mattress, I suddenly realized the complete trust this little one had in mother's hands. With one hand behind her head and the other under her little bottom, I stretched out my arms and just held her there.

Something washed over me, acknowledging this innocence. How could even a baby, already with instincts to fear falling, just lie there so peacefully with nothing more substantial to hold her up, than my two hands?

I thought, "Surely, this is faith". Then I thought, "If this is what faith is, I want it". The pure innocence of it all, was overwhelming. All my thoughts were focused on this naked little human being, as silently she taught me the lesson of my lifetime.

The Lord is on me to share my story, to write for the hurting and to help the confused push away the clouds.

I've begun sharing my writing according to the Lord's timing. He's calling His children.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print