My God Does the Impossible
by Julie Arduini

I was in my twenties and months earlier met the man I knew I was meant to marry. I noticed I was having pelvic pain that as time went on, increased in pressure. By the time I saw my doctor the pain felt like bricks on top of my pelvis.

After a laproscopy to confirm the diagnosis, the doctor sat me down to explain polycystic ovaries. In 1995 PCOS was still relatively unknown by myself and my peers. I learned it was once known as Stein-Levanthal Syndrome and was an endocrine disorder that made for irregular cycles and possible infertility. My doctor was upfront that I would most likely have difficulty conceiving.

During that appointment that doctor spent thirty minutes sharing his family story. His wife had infertility issues and he offered their support. He said the best thing I could do was not listen to him and his diagnosis, but seek God. He felt the best way to pursue that was to share my dream to be a mom with other children.

At first sharing hope and prayers was impossible. I was consumed with grief and anger. A simple trip to a park as part of a family reunion felt like torture. Our wedding and marital beginnings were altered by intense pain and the need for progesterone shots that had to be administered in the backside. It was quite the initiation for my new husband.

During that time I was coordinator of a girls' ministry. Slowly I shared my real pain, the physical and emotional desire to have a baby. These girls were no older than ten and they took my prayer seriously. They laid hands on me and prayed. More than that, they believed.

Their mustard seed faith spread to me. One night the pressure was so intense I was bedridden. For the first time I surrendered the future, even if it meant never having children at all. I told God I knew He had a perfect plan for me, and whatever it was, I knew it wasn't staying in bed. Whatever it took, I was ready.

God answered quickly. He brought me to a specialist surgeon who recommended a surgery tha would not end my chances to conceive, but actually enhance them. He was nervous that I'd put all my hope in him and be disappointed if the surgery did not work. I assured the surgeon my hope was in HIM, and that God was in control. The surgery was a success in that I had no pain for over ten years. He remarked that I was the most severe case he had seen. Within six months, I was pregnant. Five years after that, the same surgeon delivered our daughter.

Now I'm at a different phase of life where this endocrine condition is active again, but in new ways and I'm faced with different choices. These days I'm a Sunday School teacher and I've taken my requests to these precious children, as well as my own kids. I know first hand they have a direct window to our Heavenly Father, and that's a draft I want to catch!

Julie Arduini, http://thesurrenderedscribe.blogspot.com/, is devoted to writing for Christ in ways that encourage and inspire.  A graduate of the Christian Writer's Guild, her writing resume is on her blog's sidebar.  Happily married to Tom, they have two children. 

     @2009 by Julie Arduini

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print