Why, Do and Don't
by Sara Harricharan

I feel like I'm drowning. I'm in the middle of everything, surrounded by people who say they love and care about me.

Why can't I feel it?

They call me precious, darling and sweetheart. They say I'm absolutely adorable.

Why don't I believe them?

The laugh at my mistakes, my failures, my loss. As if I can't hear them. The walls are paperthin, my ears are extra-sensitive.

Why do they keep on laughing?

They belittle my success, scoff at my hard work, ignore the passion I've paid. This was my life's dream, my one hope, a lifesong.

Why can't I make them understand?

Emotional waves are easy to weather, as long as I am grounded in light. The physical things are harder to ignore, especially because I remember.

The dagger looks, the fake smile, the loud voices of insincerity.

Don't they know I don't need their approval?

They plead with me to be 'normal' to be another one of them. They all look alike, talk alike, their singular purpose bleak, their best proposal is so weak.

Don't they know I am an individual?

Just one taste. One try. One little moment, they coax. Don't be so stuffy, so stuck-up or stubborn.

Don't they know I have to be true to myself?

It doesn't really matter. It's just one time. No one is paying attention anyway. Revenge is sweet and so are stolen secrets.

Don't they know I must answer to God?

Sara Harricharan is a young Christian woman with a passion for writing for the Lord through faith-filled Science Fiction/Fantasy stories and pure words. www.fictionfusion.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print