Not Quite Ready
by Shakera Reid-Stewart

Sure you feel like a woman now, and you think you know best.
You're on top of the world and better than the rest!
The teenage years have been filled with just popularity, fun, and friends,
But once you get out in the real world, all the partying ends.
You may know how to hold down that part-time job,
You may know how to maintain that relationship with your sweetheart Rob.
While you're thinking about leaving your home and jumping into marital bliss,
Know that there are some serious issues that you continue to dismiss.
Like the fact that you need higher education to fulfill your goal,
And that without financial security, love is seldom sufficient and takes its toll.
When the kids need to be fed and the house needs to be cleaned,
Will you be happy with your life or will you long for that life that you dreamed?
There are great experiences and adventures out there for you to face,
Some will be wonderful achievements, while others will leave you in disgrace.
In the meanwhile cool your heels, and even though you may try to forget,
The world will wait for you, because you're not quite ready yet.

All rights reserved
Shakera Reid was born in Kingston, Jamaica and raised in Miramar, Florida. Her passion in life is counseling and educating youth. Hobbies include reading, writing and watching movies. Her hope is to encourage others through her writing and to help them in their Christian walk.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print