The Missing Bible
by Irvin Rozier

Ephesians 6.17 "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God."

On April 26, 2003, I went to a patriotic event at Memorial Stadium in Waycross, Georgia. There were many veterans present and several active duty military personnel...even Georgia Governor Perdue attended. Prayers for our nation were prayed, patriotic and gospel music was played, and speeches were made. I was proud to wear my old Army cap, and proud to be an American. Applause sounded as various veterans were honored---from World War II through the Iraqi war.

As I thought of my Army service, my mind went back to the day I raised my right hand and pledged to support and defend our nation. The Gideons had given us soldiers a New Testament on that day. That little book had followed me around the world but I had lost it. I loaned it out to a friend who had moved to Columbia, South Carolina (near Fort Jackson where I had took basic training).

A few days later, this friend called me and I asked him had he seen my Army New testament. He said no, his ex-wife probably had it. Two days later, he called me and said the Holy Spirit told him to look in his box of rifle ammunition...On the very top of the box was my little Bible and a copy of the Lord's prayer. The most powerful ammunition was on the top!

On May 19, 2003, Mike came from South Carolina and brought me my missing Bible. Jesus knows where everything is.

Hebrews 4.12 "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

Footnote...On November 11, 2003, I was asked to give the opening and closing prayers at our local Veteran's day ceremony...I relayed this story and there was not a dry eye in them old vets eyes..The Lord hears and answers our prayers.
I met Governor Perdue and he autographed the page in my book where this story appears.

Copyright 2008 Irvin L. Rozier, author of My Walk with the Lord, US Army, Chaplain of American Legion Post 181..website to song and video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lseFgH7XumU  http://www.youtube.com/user/walkin2e

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print