Instant Potatoes
by Ginny Winters

In our lifetime we have gone from farming, to instant potatoes. From waiting till payday, to instant cash. I've come to the point where even instant potatoes take too long to cook! I'd much rather zap something in the microwave for two minutes and be done with it. We have turned into such a fast-track society. It's a wonder we don't just pour water on our kids, expect them to turn eighteen and leave home. We busy up our already filled days with "good things", like children's programs, church functions, piano lessons, night school, art classesetc. the list is endless! Where does it get us all? At the end of the road will we be too exhausted to cross the finish line? What kind of values are we instilling in our kid's futures? Are they learning that they need to work sixty hours a week to be successful? Do they have to dance like a ballerina or hit a home run in order to be considered a normal kid?

The key to tasty potatoes is "salt." We need to salt our life daily with God's word, to spend time with Him. How do you think it makes Him feel when we say, "Sorry God, I don't have time for You today, I've got too much else to do."? Do you put a time limit on Him? "God, I've got three minutes before the kids get up, give me something inspiring!" That seems like a slap in the face to me. At times we may treat God this way. Although it saddens Him, He is God and He can handle it. What about our children or spouses? Are we too busy for them too? What about other relationships, are we too busy to listen to a hurting soul?

"TIME!" I've grown to hate that word. It has such a negative connotation. We cry out to God to show Himself to us, to bless us and yet all day long we trample the blessings under our feet without even realizing it! God blesses us with "little surprises" all day long. Do we recognize them? Do we take time to rejoice in them? God lives in each believers heart! Do we take the time to get to know someone's heart? Only you alone can answer these questions. The real question is: "will you take the time?

Ginny Winters has been serving the Lord for 28 years. She has two grown children. She enjoys playing on the worship team at church, and is also in a "chick" band that plays at womens events around the area.  She has found writing to be a great outlet.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print