Are You Discouraged?
by Kimberly Chastain

Are you feeling discouraged? What about overwhelmed? Or just plain tired? Being a Mom, Christian, employee, maybe spouse, church worker, etc. can often leave us feeling beaten down. Discouragement can sometimes lead to depression or anxiety. I have been reading several books lately that have opened my eyes even more to how Satan uses discouragement to keep us from trusting in God.

In one book I read it stated that all discouragement is from the devil. At first, I wanted to argue with that statement and then I gave it some more thought. Look at Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." This command was given to Joshua right before he was to go into battle. We are in a battle as well, Satan wants to defeat us with discouragement and make us forget whose we are and that we are not alone. The verse in Joshua is saying do not be discouraged for the Lord you God is with you. We need to really let that verse sink deep into our hearts. Since, God is with us we need not be discouraged. I would like to encourage you whenever you feel discouraged to turn those feelings over to God and in the same breath state that God I know you are with me and you can take care of these feelings. Also, to begin to thank God for all he has done for you. In one particularly discouraging time for me I could not sleep one night due to all my worry and discouragement. I then began singing to myself every Praise song that I knew and recounted all that God had done for me. Then, I was able to go to sleep. Remembering what God has done in the past let me know that He will be faithful in the future.

Another book I have been reading, Calm My Anxious Heart (recommended by a CWM subscriber and can be found at http://www.christianworkingmom.com/resources.htm.) challenged me about worrying. One statement that stuck out to me, of many, was "When we worry, we are saying, God can't." When we walk in anxiety, we don't walk in faith. Again, Satan wants us to believe we can do it ourselves and don't need God. When we follow 1 Peter 5:7, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." we are trusting God to take care of us. His ways are always so much better than our ways.

God cares about all of your discouragement, worries, tiredness, pain, and everything about you. He is also waiting for you to give it all to him and leave it there. Trust that your heavenly Father knows what is best for you and wants you to live a joyful, victorious life. Discouragement and worry are not from God. He wants you to trust him for your past, present, and future. Give it all to him.

Kimberly Chastain, MS, LMFT is the Christian Working Mom Coach and is the author of 2 ebooks. You can find her books as well as have coaching tips delivered to your inbox by visiting her at www.kimberlychastain.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print